You love your pets: but you can’t be home 24/7, and they can’t always go everywhere with you. Sometimes you’re busy with work or family, or life just throws you a curve ball, and you just need someone to take care of your furry family members. That’s when you need someone reliable, knowledgeable and responsible who you know will ensure your pet’s health, safety and well-being while you’re away. In other words, you need a professional pet sitter.
And that’s Aunt Penny’s – professional pet sitting in your home or ours, by the day or by the hour!
- Penny Layne is an Advanced Certified Pet Care Technician
- Aunt Penny’s is a longstanding member of the Association of Professional United Pet Sitters (PUPS)
- Our pet sitters are insured, background-checked and certified in Pet First Aid and CPR by Pet Tech
- We are available to care for your pets 365 days a year – including holidays
- We make house calls and can visit anywhere from one to five times a day – and even stay overnight
- Or your dog can vacation in Fur Heaven – a deluxe “hotel suite” in Aunt Penny’s home designed specifically for dogs
Maybe you’re pulling an all-nighter at work, or you routinely work long hours. Maybe you’re attending a wedding, graduation or other celebration. Or maybe you’re dealing with a family emergency and need to make last-minute arrangements for your pet’s care.
Whatever your reason for needing a sitter, Aunt Penny’s is always ready to help. Pets also appreciate our in-home sitting services because they get to stay in your home with all its familiar comforts!
- No-Worry Pet Sitting: Aunt Penny’s pet sitters are available to make from one to five visits a day. They’ll put out fresh food and water for your pet, take your dog out for walks, clean your kitty’s litter box, and give your pet plenty of TLC. They’ll also water the plants, take in the mail, and make sure your home security system is working.
- Individualized Attention: The first time you first book Aunt Penny’s pet sitting services, we’ll do an initial consultation visit to learn all the details of your pet’s routine. That allows us to maintain consistency by feeding and walking your pet at the same time of day that you normally do, and feed your dog the same food and treats he is used to so his tummy doesn’t get upset. If you provide a notepad and pen, your sitter can write notes about how your pet is doing or we can send you texts and photos daily.
- Book a Last-Minute Sitter: Once you use our services, you will be automatically registered in our Ready Key program. That means we keep a copy of your keys in a secure, locked area of our office – so you never have to pay a key pickup/return fee when you use our services. This also allows you to book last-minute appointments (up to 24 hours in advance) even if your regular pet sitter is unavailable because one of our other sitters can easily fill in.
- First-Class Animal Accommodations: When you go on vacation, does your dog get to take one too? Instead of leaving him home all alone while the family is away having fun, you can give your dog a jolly holiday with Aunt Penny – in Fur Heaven, a private resort for your family’s pampered pets! We’ll even train your dog as an add-on service while he’s staying with us. Only Aunt Penny’s offers this unique, one-of-a-kind attraction: no other pet sitter in the Pittsburgh area has anything like it!
- The Royal Treatment: Fur Heaven is an 1,100-square-foot temperature-controlled room in Aunt Penny’s large three-floor house where only one family’s pets can stay at any given time. Your dog will have his very own wraparound leather couch, big screen television and toys to play with. Of course, he’ll also enjoy plenty of tasty treats. We maintain a very soothing environment in Fur Heaven, with the scent of lavender and light classical music in the air. But your dog will also have lots of opportunities for fun, too!
- Great Outdoors: Fur Heaven opens directly onto a one-acre fenced-in yard with pine trees, a kiddie-sized doggie swimming pool and sprinklers to jump through on hot days. The yard is at the end of a cul-de-sac that borders a forest, so it’s nice and quiet. Guests who like to socialize can play with any of Aunt Penny’s six friendly dogs. Alternatively, aggressive and shy dogs can be kept separated from other dogs. Dogs are always supervised in the yard to ensure their safety. In addition, there is a separated space for dogs to do their business so the outdoor area is always clean, and the yard is maintained using only natural, non-toxic products that are safe for animals – including organic cedar that repels fleas and ticks.
- Perfect for Puppies & Older Dogs: Fur Heaven is a great place for dogs who are used to having someone around all day long, because Aunt Penny is onsite to look after them. It’s also great for puppies and older dogs with limited mobility because there are no stairs or steps: even the entryway and exits are completely level. The anti-bacterial Karndean™ floors minimize the danger of your dog being exposed to communicable diseases (which puppies and older dogs can be particularly vulnerable to). Aunt Penny plans the day’s activities according to each dog’s needs and preferences: for example, puppies like lots of exercise, so even on rainy days they get plenty of mental stimulation with entertainment like the “cupcake game,” “where’s the cheese?” and “find the light.” On the other hand, older dogs who just like to take it easy and nap in the shade get to spend their days relaxing. But Aunt Penny always gives all dogs in Fur Heaven tons of love and attention!
Contact Aunt Penny to learn more about Fur Heaven or book a stay for your dog
Customized Pet Sitting
- A Fur Baby Sitter: When you go out for a night on the town, you get someone to babysit your kids. But what about your fur kids – especially those who need special supervision or care, such as young puppies or elderly dogs with special health needs? Now they can have a real sitter too, with Aunt Penny’s pet sitting by the hour! Cost $20 per hour (minimum of three hours).
- All-Day Care: One of Aunt Penny’s sitters will come to your home and perform all the usual pet care duties, such as putting out fresh food and water at designated times, walking your dog and cleaning your cat’s litter box. But they also do a lot more – from providing undivided affection to administering medication.
Our sitters will stay overnight to make sure your furkids are not spending the evening alone when you can’t be there. Aunt Penny’s team spoils your fur kids with lots of kisses and cuddling time as well as tv time so they feel just as comfortable as if you had been there yourself. No more worrying about your dog being home alone. If your dog sleeps with you they can sleep with us.
More Than Dogs and Cats!
We pet sit for more than dogs and cats. Some of our other pet friends include:
- and More!
Call Aunt Penny and we’ll pet sit for you!