There hasn’t been a paw that hasn’t touched my Heart.
Who I Am & What I Do
Penny Layne has a 20 year diverse background of canines and training through her work with service dogs for people with physical challenges and those who are hearing impaired, working in a vet hospital, owning a boarding, grooming, training and breeding kennel, and then branching into Aunt Penny’s Pet Services.
Penny and her husband Shawn reside in Irwin, PA and have four adult children and three grandchildren. When not helping clients to enjoy easier lives with their pets, Penny enjoys her own seven dogs, two pygmy goats and fish.
Qualifications & Associations
- CPDT–KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed)
- Pet Professional Guild – The Association for Force Free Professionals
- Doggone Safe – Dog bite prevention through education
- IAABC – International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants
- AABP– Association of Animal Behavior Professionals
- Licensed presenter Family Paws Parent Education
- Advanced Certified Pet Tech
- Pet First Aid and CPR Certified
- 20+ years training experience
Meet the Owner/Head Trainer
Penny Layne loves fur kids. However, even more she loves a well-behaved adult dog who knows how to be part of the family. In fact, she has dedicated her training career to helping her clients achieve just that.
Penny is an avid reader and regularly participates in continuing education courses and seminars. Consequently, she stays current on the latest advancements in animal behavior and training approaches, which in turn enhances her skills and knowledge of dog behavior. Penny uses only positive and effective training methods to work with dogs as well as people.